Intermediate Building Code Consultant
LMDG is a well-established engineering firm specializing in fire protection and life safety building code consulting services for the built environment since 1988. Our solid reputation is founded on decades of satisfied clients, participation on Code and Standards committees, and work with enforcement authorities. Our offices in Vancouver and Toronto serve an ever-growing portfolio of clients including leading architects, engineers, building owners, developers, contractors, government agencies, insurers, and lawyers.
We’re a tight-knit, like-minded team that encourages open communication, collaboration and idea sharing. We offer competitive compensation, achievable bonuses, benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, disability and life insurance), and encourage ongoing professional development and growth. As an employee-owned firm, we’re insulated from traditional external interests and pressures. At LMDG, we proudly take care of our own.
About the job:
Our Toronto office has an opportunity for an Intermediate Building Code Consultant. The individual will be responsible for identifying building code issues, interpreting the building code, developing alternative solutions and performance-based approaches to demonstrate compliance, and documenting approaches in reports and code compliance drawings. The candidate will bring their experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and enforcement authorities to implement Fire Protection and Life Safety regulations and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent experience in related field (Environmental Design, Architectural Technology, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Building Code Consulting Role
- Current knowledge of Ontario Building Code (Section 3.8)
- Proficiency with CAD
- Experience in engaging with AEC project team and leading design, specification, approvals, and construction administration
- Experience in developing and enhancing working relationships with clients and industry professionals in both public and private sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, client-relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, driven by a desire to make better buildings
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with integrity
- Ability to travel; must possess valid driver’s license
Why you’ll love working with us
DIVERSITY OF INTERESTING PROJECTS: Commercial and residential. Transportation and government. Healthcare and academic. Sports, cultural, heritage and Certified Professional projects. We do it all – and you will too.
EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE : Our company culture is positive, smart and highly collaborative. We’re a tight-knit, likeminded team that encourages open communication, collaboration and idea sharing. It adds up to a more inspired and rewarding environment.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE : We like being challenged, not overworked. Unlike other firms, ridiculous hours are not our norm. Your work hours will be flexible to accommodate your lifestyle. And we don’t encourage overtime – though you will be compensated should it occasionally be necessary.
If this sounds like you, don’t be left wondering about what could have been. Apply now and explore this great career opportunity.